Metlife, Inc (“Metlife”) has helped generations of people around the world protect their families and finances. We are one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management to our individual and institutional customers.
Role Value Proposition:
The role of Business Analyst on ensuring the business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business and project stakeholder needs. The role is to guide the end-users from the discovery, requirements, and design phase through the configuration (if applicable). The successful candidate will provide internal customers with the best possible solutions to utilize the specific systems, roll out new functionality and identify potential process improvements. The candidate will also be responsible for troubleshooting problems in Production and providing application user support when required.
· Lead discovery sessions to observe, document, and validate business processes and perform gap analysis
· Analyze and document functional requirements and rules. Participate in the backlog prioritization/grooming.
· Create user stories, business cases and define acceptance criteria for products or features.
· Supervise the UAT execution following best practices and known methodologies
· Identify, assess, and mitigate IT risks
· Involved in implementation, testing, integration, and issue resolution around application solution.
· Create technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
· Lead operational and production support with ability to troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis in the business workflow and processes on a variety of production and application issues.
· Open and manage Incident, Problem, Change Request and other tickets for production support and new releases.
· Liaise with developers and external vendors and oversee QA processes.
· Monitor performance, identifying underlying problems, researching potential solutions, and propose necessary actions in business workflow and processes.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
· Highly analytical, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to think strategically, assess business risk and apply creative problem-solving skills
· Strong team player and ability to learn quickly
· Proactive work style, especially as it relates to project, client, and partner follow-up
· Ability to manage multiple work-streams simultaneously
· Awareness of various work styles, communication and cultural differences and needs; ability to adapt to each audience’s unique approach
· Strong relationship-building skills - internal colleagues, 3rd parties, suppliers / vendor management – on and off-shore
· Delivery focused
· Proactive and motivated
· Ability to collaborate effectively across global, diverse, and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
· Proficient in English and Greek languages, both spoken and written
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related field
· 3+ years' experience in a similar role
· Experience/Knowledge of Agile methodology
· Experience with writing and executing SQL
· SAFe certified or other Scaled Agile frameworks: Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification, PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
· Ability to work with applicable collaboration tools that drive an end-to-end delivery of product through persistent teams.
· Ability to design, plan and execute application and system testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality at all stages of application development and the system lifecycle.
· Knowledge of branding, design, usability and function, providing a meaningful and relevant experience to users.
· Knowledge of features and facilities for integration and communication among applications, databases and technology platforms. e.g. webservices, SOAP, XML, ORIGO standards, SFTP, Informatica etc.
· Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. .NET, Java, COBOL)
· Experience in planning and managing projects
The Functional Analyst will report to: CIO & Agile Delivery Lead
Other Key Stakeholders:
· Governance lead (PM)
· Business Product Owner
· Quality testing lead
· Scrum lead
· Software Engineer/Developers
· Local Business Leaders: IT, Marketing & Communications, Operations, HR, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk
· Other Global Leaders: ITRS, Data Strategy, Architecture