The role requires of a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible for the Research, Design and Development and of new educational and robotic toys and systems, from concept to manufacturing drawings and inspection of first produced items.
At Engino we design and manufacture cutting-edge learning toy systems that help curious minds of ages 3 to 16 develop their 21st century skills of critical thinking and problem solving through hands on activities, coding and scientific experimentation.
Having received numerous patents and international awards, including the “Best Place to Work” seal, we aim to continue leading the STEM trend by investing in new people who can join our team. As our company grows, we continue to innovate, developing services, systems and products that will inspire the next generation of inventors.
· Conceptualize and develop strong ideas for toys and games based on consumer and market research along with competition analysis.
· Create physical models with the ENGINO building system and identify needs for new parts that can enhance functional, pedagogical and aesthetic characteristics.
· Design new parts in CAD (plastics engineering), prototype and test, iterate and work closely with the rest of the team to develop manufacturing drawings and mold layouts.
· Inspect the delivered samples from mold makers in house and external and advise for improvements till optimization.
· Design the physical model in 3D software and create renders and high quality visuals as well as building instructions that are user friendly for kids.
· Operate 3D printer and laser cutter for developing open ended DIY projects.
· Teach students workshops of STEM and ROBOTICS as well as Makerspace, at our locations or externally to schools.
· Discuss and coordinate with the other members of the Research and Development team to achieve the educational attributes needed as well as any software and electronic requirements.
· Run effective project coordination and time management, meeting the KPI’s of the team and the management.
· At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Industrial/Product Design.
· Graduated at least 2 years ago, with work experience in design and manufacturing.
· Knowledge of 3D CAD Design software, like Autodesk Inventor.
· Preferable knowledge of 3DS Max, Photoshop, and Corel.
· Pedagogical background will be considered an advantage.
· Love of mentoring and passing on knowledge and skills to the younger generation.
Remuneration Package Offered:
The position is a permanent position at the ENGINO® factory in Limassol Cyprus and at Kolonakiou store where a makerspace is operating.
An attractive pay package is offered, depending on qualifications and experience, including a 13th and half 14th salary.
The candidates should provide proof of their work and their CV at email@example.com with title ‘ Mechanical Design Engineer’.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.