Role: Information Technology & Media Assistant
Location: Episkopi, Cyprus, with travel required around Cyprus
Salary: £9.50 an hour
Hours: 16 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days Annual Leave FTE (increasing to 35 days FTE with length of service) plus UK Bank Holidays.
An opportunity has arisen in the Polaris Children Services, British Forces Social Work team in Cyprus for a part-time Information Technology and Media Assistant. This role will work with all BFSWS Cyprus team members, across all Units on the island.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be asked to undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role. As outlined in the job description.
Role Responsibilities will include, but not exhaustive to:
- Support BFSWS Cyprus team with issues relating to both Polaris IT and MODNet systems, emails and associated software.
- Be the first point of contact for IT issues and talk team members through required actions, either via MS Teams, face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Trouble shoot system, linking in with Polaris UK IT team as required. Track IT issues raised by local team, investigate themes and provide timely updates on progress with issues.
- Build a professional working relationship with the UK IT department, working both in conjunction with and as IT lead in Cyprus. Act as the interface with BFC HQ J6 instigating Requests for Change (RFC).
- Assist in the management of end user accounts, requesting permissions, access rights and group policy for MS Teams in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Hardware support throughout product lifecycle, ie source, price and replace equipment as required/approved. Maintain an IT asset management inventory database, manage allocation of resources.
- Liaise with Polaris Marketing for publicity, leaflet and posters amendments and website contents. Form contacts with BFC Media, BFBS etc to publicise service updates.
- Support social media, be an Admin on the BFSWS Cyprus Facebook page.
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams etc.) including Microsoft Office SharePoint.
- Experience of diagnosing IT problems and identifying solutions.
- Strong administrative skills. Good organisational skills, attention to detail and manage own workload.
- Demonstrable excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience of social media, including creating and posting articles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Hold full, current UK/Cypriot driving licence. Have the ability to drive manual cars, and travel within Cyprus as required.
- Have the right to work in Cyprus either as a UKD (with status stamp) or have residency and work permit. Proof will be required.
- Have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- This post does not offer a relocation package.
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level and a Cyprus Police Check both at standard and enhanced level (once been living in Cyprus for 6 months).
The successful candidate is expected to already have the right to residence and work permits already in hand. Proof of these documents will be required if called forward for interview.
About Polaris Community
Polaris Children’s Services is part of the Polaris Community of companies and delivers statutory and non-statutory social care services the UK and to military communities overseas.
Since 2014 we have provided social work services to the Ministry of Defence in Germany and in October 2019 expanded our overseas work with the British military and associated civilian personnel and their families across Europe, Canada, Kenya, Belize and the United States of America and Saudi Arabia.
From 01 July 2020 we expanded our services to include the British Forces Social Work Service in Cyprus and the South Atlantic Islands.
While all under the management of Polaris Children’s Services we are proud to have developed our own BFSWS brand with specific identities for each service within our community of military social work services.
Polaris Children’s Services is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact:
Claire Thomas BFSWS Cyprus Business Support Manager, email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org